We congratulate you on your promotion to SS 2 in our citadel of knowledge, GSSS Tungan Maje, Abuja. We hope you enjoyed your holidays. Below is your holiday assignment to prepare you ahead of the 1st Term 2015/2016 Academic Session.
Remember to Download the Scheme of Work for first term at the bottom as you will not be given any scheme on resumption!
No one will do for you what you ought to do for yourself!
Instruction: Answer all questions. Your answers should be typed and spiral bind.
Indicate the following on the front page: FULL NAMES as it appears in your class register, CLASS, GROUP AND QUESTIONS.
Endeavour to proof-read your work properly before you print to avoid losing marks on grammatical errors! All assignments MUST be submitted on the day of resumption for school work or you LOOSE 5 Marks!
A. Othelo by Williams Shakespeare
- In one paragraph (not less than 10 sentences) give a brief background on Williams Shakespeare as a playwright.
- Make a comprehensive list of the characters in Othelo by Williams Shakespeare under the following headings: (a) Major Characters (b) Minor Characters
- Give a brief account of the setting of Othelo by Williams Shakespeare,
B. Native Son by Richard Wright
- In one paragraph (not less than 10 sentences) give a brief background on Richard Wright as a novelist.
- Make a comprehensive list of the characters in Native Son by Richard Wright under the following headings: (a) Major Characters (b) Minor Characters
- Give a brief account of the setting of Native Son by Richard Wright.
1. Submit the printed copy on resumption day (i.e. Monday – first Lesson Day of Resumption)
2. Send a soft copy of your work with your name and class as subject of the e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SS 2 FIRST TERM SCHEME FOR 2015/2016 SESSION LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH
|1||Introduction to the “OTHELO” by William Shakespeare||– Background of the playwright (dramatist) – Background and setting of the play – Plot summary – Shakespearean language and current English on a cardboard sheet – Film show on “Othelo”|
|2||Reading and explanation of Act One||– Reading and discussion of scene one – Reading and explanation of act one scene two|
|3||Reading and explanation of Act Two||– Reading and explanation of Act Two, scene One – Act Two, scene Two – Present action of video – Clips on “Othelo”|
|4||Reading and explanation of Act Three||– Reading and discussions one Act Three Scene One – Act Three scene Two – Act Three scene Three|
|5||Reading and explanation of Act Four||– Reading and discussions on Act four – Students to do a weekend assignment by summarizing Act Four in their books.|
|6||Reading and explanation of Act Five||– Discussion and reading of scene one – Reading and discussion on scene two – Teacher to lead discussions on the epilogue|
|7||Role-play (Drama)||– Students to role-play the actions of major characters – Role –play the actions of minor characters – State the relationship between the characters – Watch a video clip of “Othelo”|
|8||Introduction to the “NATIVE SON” by Richard Wright||– Background of the Novelist – Background and setting of the Novella. – Plot summary/state sequence of events – Show cause effect relationship|
|9||Themes and style||– Examine the Themes – Analyze the styles – Read out relevant portions that highlight the themes. – Relate the theme to actual life experience or encounters|
|10||Character Analysis 1||– Examine the major characters – Discussion on their roles and significances – Examine how the characters are related.|
|11||Character Analysis 2||– Examine the minor characters – Analyze their roles and significances to the plot – Discuss their various relationship|
|12||Revision||– Revision work on “Native Son” Discussing the themes, characters and plot structure – Sketch picture of combat soldiers at war on a cardboard sheet|
Click this link for the soft copy of the scheme LITERATURE SS2 SCHEME 1ST TERM
In case you have any problem, please contact me on my mobile phone: 07044943856 or leave a message below in the “LEAVE A REPLY BOX”